Monday 9 February 2015

How I used Garage Band

How I used Garage Band

I had to use Garage band for the opening scene as we are not allowed to use other peoples songs due to copyright infringement. So rather than only being able to use a song for a maximum of 30 seconds, I chose to use a program called 'Garage Band'.



As is shown on the right, on Garage Band we had to use different loops to make up the song. I chose to use a slow tempo and chose depressing styles to add to the elegiac atmosphere in our film. This created a feeling of sadness and depression.









As seen in the picture, I reduced the tempo of the tracks so that it matched the film and added to the sad feeling of our film.





Our use of Garage Band was rather effective as we created a song that fitted the mood and tone of our film. It also meant that we can have the song playing for more than 30 seconds (which would be the case if we used someone else's song). 


No comments:

Post a Comment